Basics of Building Energy Simulation
Neptun code: BMEEPEG0660
· The subject describes the theory of dynamic energy simulation and its application possibilities. Elaborates the design process of a multi-zone thermal model. It includes the fundamentals and application possibilities of illumination and energy simulation in the design process.
· The subject presents through case studies a multi-zone thermal model, concerning input-data entry, energy loads, simulation runtime and analysis of outcome.
· Energy efficiency in buildings is of crucial importance in planning today. The integrated design approach includes building energy assessment, modeling and dynamic energy simulation.
· Building energy simulation can predict energy performance of buildings which could be analyzed in detail: design quality, building construction performance characteristics and building service solution.
Topics and schedule
1. Building energy simulation’s role in architecture
2. Indoor environmental comfort
3. Introduction to building energy simulation
4. Basics of building energy modeling
5. Multi-zone thermal modeling
6. Dynamic energy simulation software (incl. test in 25min)
7. Solar analysis and simulation – case studies
8. Multi-zone thermal model design – case studies
9. Running an energy simulation – part 1
10. Running an energy simulation with data analysis – part 2
11. Overall dynamic energy simulation presented on a reference building – case study
12. Conclusion and consultations
13. Representative examples of energy simulation application in architecture (incl. test in 25 min)